Thursday, July 14, 2011

confused and frustrated

I wish I knew what God has planned for me; what he wants me to do, where he wants me to be, and who he wants me to be with. Everything is in limbo right now and I don't like it.

The Boys & Girls Club only got 1/2 of the AmeriCorps funding as they received this previous year. So, at this point, they can't open a full-time position. They applied for supplemental funding but won't know until August. If they don't get the funding and, have to make the position part-time, they'll have to re-post it, re-interview, etc. It's a waiting game. So, I'm just planning to stick around without knowing. I need to finish by degree by carrying out my PR project at the Boys & Girls Club so I will be there, job or no job, at least until December.

I broke up with Victor...I told him about my date with the aforementioned boy and told him that I wanted to keep writing but I can't commit to anything at this point in time. I feel bad, and part of me wonders if that was the right thing to do. Aforementioned boy flirts it up with me sometimes; constantly compliments me and says cheesey lines. I'm just confused about the intention of them. Last time I assumed that a guy was into me based on his actions, I ended up being reminded that I'm not a 5'8" brunette with blue eyes. Why do guys have to be so complicated. I do really enjoy spending time with the guy; I think I have a "friend crush" more than anything. But, over the past few years, I've just assumed that unless the guy comes out and says that he's interested, it's always just a playful friend thing.

No comments: