Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3-2-1

What I've been fighting and resisting for the past two years finally happened. Those three sacred little words slipped off my tongue tonight. I was caught off guard and just let my feelings slip right on out with my "I love you too". Is this a bad thing, of course not! It just means that it's getting serious. I don't throw those three little words around. In fact, I haven't used them with a guy since...about this time in 2007. That's five years of saving those words to use at the right moment with someone truly special. Although I hoped that my first use would not involve saying them into a phone while looking at him with a piece of glass separating us. It is what it is, and I'm now over that big hurdle of figuring out how to verbalize my emotions.

I never expected this to happen. That visit to the halfway house two years ago was simply to see an old friend. Something touched my heart and I fell; I fell hard.

"We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly." - from somewhere on Facebook

And with that, I say goodnight.

No comments: