Monday, March 22, 2010

what's changed since February?

It's funny to compare my attitude now to the attitude I had back in February. What's changed?

I think most of it has to do with social ties and the fact that my best friends are back east. I've learned a lot about friendship lately. Who you can call, who will drop anything and everything to make time for you, who you make weekend plans with, and most importantly, who can tell by your gestures that something is wrong - they can see through that fake smile and facade. All of those people are back home (or closer to home than I am now). Yes, I've met some incredible people in Provo, many of have inspired and touched my life in some form or another, but let's be real, I just don't have the friendships that I need here like I do back home. When it comes down to it, I'd rather be back in my po-dunk, PA town with reliable friends, than here in the college-town of Provo where I often feel rather alone.

No comments: