Monday, June 14, 2010

my public decree

Dearest Ramel'o,
I had the unfortunate pleasure of your company in my life nearly a year ago. At first you lifted me up, only to push me down twice as far. Your words have haunted me for nearly a year. The other day, as I looked through pictures from my marathon race weekend, I began to find myself thinking the things that you told me. Instead of thinking about everything I overcame, I started to think about how far I had left to go. Funny, how one can accomplish so much yet still live with some crazy idea that some jerk put into their head that they're not worth anything. Things are changing though. Today, I'm done. I'm not one to post such private things in such a public realm like Facebook but I have no way of contacting you, nor would I want to, so I'm making a public decree. No longer will your hurtful and degrading words pull me down. I'm done living in the ghost of your immaturity. This past week, I found myself radiating in confidence that I haven't felt since before our unfortunate meeting. Today, many people complimented me on my glow and spirit. One individual even referred to a radiating halo around me. Oh dearest Ramel'o, if you saw me today, I think you would take back every word you ever said to me. This "ugly as shit" girl who has nothing going for her but a "fat ass" is turning heads. Yes, the world needs to hear how your treat women and what you say to them when things don't go your way. You're done making me cry. You have no hold on me. I refuse to be scared of men because of your little boy behavior. And, my friend, you're wrong. I'm not the one who will end up alone for the rest of my life, you are because you treat women as your objects instead of as the precious and beautiful daughters of God that they are.

No comments: