Sunday, May 30, 2010

good, bad, good

I had the perfect Sunday afternoon. After being put into tears and being frustrated that someone of authority asked to talk with me, asked for my thoughts on something, and then cut me off mid sentence before deciding to tell me himself what I thought (dear people reading, please don't put words into others' mouths and decide not to listen to what the other person really has to say), then being told that falling in love and getting married is what I need, I just got into my car and drove. I ended up in Park City. It was nice. I walked up and down Main Street, did some window shopping, and decided to buy ice cream before I left, which I proceeded to spill all down my shirt and get all over my face (which I only found out after I had already talked to a Park Ranger...with chocolate ice cream all over my face, lol). I then proceeded to stop at the Deer Creek State Park Beach Area and finished reading the first Harry Potter book.

I wish I could vent more about what happened this morning but I think I need to keep the details to myself. I realize that he "feels prompted" to help but completely misreading the situation and misreading how I feel isn't helping. If he listened, he'd realize that I'm getting answers that are the exact opposite of what his are. However, he doesn't listen. And this is on top of the last meeting I had with him where I finally confided something that I've avoided talking about. He responded in the same way as so many other ignorant people do...in the same way as the classmate who said that girls who don't dress modestly are asking to be raped. When a girl says no, she means no, no matter what might have happened before regardless of whether before was a few weeks or a few seconds ago. (see key reminders and recovery obstacles here). I just can't be around the naivety and ignorance anymore. If I'm going to talk to someone, it's going to be someone who's trained in counseling rather than someone who's doing more harm than good.

On a more positive note, I got my TNT jersey yesterday morning. It was just the motivation I needed. I fly to San Diego Friday morning, and by Sunday afternoon, I will be a marathon finisher. :) I'm kinda nervous, but I've trained (and I finished my 20 miler run) so I know that I will finish.

No comments: