Wednesday, July 21, 2010

3 glorious weeks

I just spent 3 glorious weeks that were focused around two beautiful weddings. One being my dad's marriage to his 7-year partner and the other being that of my beautiful roommate (and later co-worker) from my senior year.

I was thankful to be able to spend a lot of time with my family. We went fishing, played Canasta, spent a lot of time at my grandparents, and even went to the beach. I'm so grateful for my family and the support that they give me.

I also got to spend some quality time with some good friends. I love knowing who my real friends are. They've become so evident over the past few years. It's funny how I can go 6 months without seeing them but it seems like no time has passed at all. We just go right back to where we left off. I love that feeling.

I was also blessed to make a few new friends during this time at home. I'm so glad that I was able to spend July 16th with a bunch of friends making new positive memories instead of remembering the awful ones from a year ago.

No comments: