Wednesday, April 29, 2009

summer fun

Well, winter semester was officially over on Wednesday the 22nd. However, after some requests for extensions, I handed in my last paper at about 3pm on Friday. The week consisted of two all-nighters, many days of writing from 9am to 1am, and turning in a good 80 pages worth of work between my three classes. I had two 30 page papers and one 20 pager. It was quite ridiculous. I then celebrated by heading to Vegas to visit Precious, my friend from high school, and her fiance Allen. Good times. And, for the record, I behaved myself. Well, other than the trip to In-N-Out, the cream cheese brownies, and the M&Ms. OK, maybe I could have done a little better, but there was no drinking or gambling involved on my part. You gotta give me credit for that.

My weekend was fantastic, really. It was so good to get away. For the record, Wii Tennis with the drunks you've never met before - highly entertaining. Seriously, Precious and Allen showed me so much of Vegas in two days - I was exhausted.

Now, I'm back in Provo starting classes again (boo) and I hate to admit it, but I think I'm battling a bout of depression again. GAGH! It's annoying. I've been trying to fight it off myself mentally, but I think I might have to break down and get a medical intervention. I've just been so out of character lately. I hate it. It sucks the life out of me: I'm sleepy all the time, unmotivated, lazy. I need a good kick in the rear.

Well, step number 1 - get back into the gym. I'm off to go do some cardio. Maybe that'll help kick the depression where it hurts.

Oh, I also want to add that I went to the ladies Bible study at this little Baptist church in Provo. It was so much fun. I felt like I fit right in. I'm curious to see where God takes me in the next couple years of my life and whether or not I remain in the LDS Church.

No comments: