Wednesday, November 4, 2009

summary of happenings

Wow. It's November. Crazy. I quite frequently promised to write in my blog and I never did. To summarize the boy world: attractive guy from the summer = ass; incredible Mexican guy here in Utah = clingy and I determined that I wasn't attracted to him beyond friends. Yes, I broke his heart and he nearly cried. Other guy that I've been crazy about for the past year but can never seem to make anything happen = jerkface who comes up with lame reasons not to spend time with people.

I've been traveling a lot this semester. I had one trip home, one trip to Las Vegas and then on to Flagstaff, AZ to visit Khara. We then went to the Grand Canyon. It was a sweet day. I still have tan lines from my shorts because I didn't put sunblock on my legs. Bad move.

Umm, I tore one of my calf muscles while playing soccer. Since then, I've re-torn it while playing raquetball and tennis. It has not been a fun battle. The first time I tore it, I had to be helped off the field. I could barely walk. The next morning, I climbed in the car for the 6 hour drive to Las Vegas because mom and Jim were there for a conference. I hobbled around the entire evening but I'm really glad I made the drive. A weekend with free dinners was pretty sweet. Not to mention that Jim kept having me gamble his money. The first time he sat me down at a machine, stuck a $100 bill in, and then was like "start pressing that button." I got $50 right of the bat and cashed out. So, I guess I paid for dinner that night because I didn't get to keep any of those winnings. The next day, they sat me back down at the same machine with another $100. At one point, I was $25 down and was like, "This is stupid. This is wasting money. I'm stopping now." Meanwhile, Jim, who is at the machine beside me is yelling "NO! Keep going!" and mom pipes in her two sense: "We just want to show you that you don't always win." Just as she started saying that, I hit the bonus and then cashed out at $180. I took the ticket, ran to the ticket redemption machine and got cash for that sucker. Handed Jim back the $100 that he started with and pocketed the rest. That paid for my gas, and some random other things since I've been back. In fact, I lived off of that money for two weeks :) For those LDS members who oppose me doing this, deep breaths. It'll be OK. I'm still the same person. I'm not addicted to gambling.

Anyway, my leg is still healing. I started training again...I've lost 7 pounds since I moved back to Utah (so in two months). I still have a while to go...like 13 more to reach my initial goal (that I was supposed to have reached last February....). It's really weird to be looking through pictures and realize how chunky my face was for so many of them. I'm happy now. It's amazing the difference18 pounds can make in somebody.

So there's a little update.

3 comments:

Akirah said...

Thanks for the update. Do it more often, please. :)

And yes, hot guy from summer = ass. Actually, the equation should be hot guy > ass. :)

Malinda said...

how about this equation: my ass > (other words too good for) hot guy from the summer

Akirah said...

That works too. :)