Saturday, September 6, 2008

cross country road trip

Well, I've been trying to figure out if there's a way to change the order that blogspot uploads and posts your selected photos. I'd rather keep the older ones at the top than the bottom...so if anyone else knows how to do so, please let me know.

So, traveling across the country...wow. I'm glad I did it. It's one of those things I just always wanted to do, ya know? I'm so glad I was able to share most of the journey with Lindsey...and stop to see some awesome friends along the way.

I'm going to try to summarize the journey with pictures. They got a little out of order when I uploaded them but I'm going to do my best to get them back in the correct order.


I took this photo up near State College, PA. La Autoridad de la Sierra...I just found it entertaining to find the "Desert Authority" in the middle of green state of Pennsylvania.



I got bored and started taking pictures; there's Lindsey's car in front of me.


Corn in Indiana. Little did I know, I would soon see a lot of this.


I decided to capture a photo of myself as proof that I was really driving. Don't I look like a professional roadtripper???


I think this was in Indiana on our way to Iowa....


Welcome to Illinois...soon, I would pass the mark of the farthest west I had ever gone by car...that being Bushnell, Illinios for Cornerstone Festival 2006.


I thought this barn looked cool.


So we took this back route from Indiana to Iowa...Rt. 24 I believe. We saw lots of small towns...they didn't have much but there certainly were Dollar Generals in just about each small town.


Eureka College!!!


Home of the Republicans....


awesome bridge crossing the Mississippi River


and there's the Mississippi herself


Welcome to Iowa!!!


Home of Iowa 80, the largest truck stop in the country. I made Lindsey stop because Jim and my brother had heard about it on a TV program about it a few weeks ago and since I would be going right by it, they wanted me to stop.


an BREATH-TAKING sky!!


Another gorgeous sky...in Nebraska this time I believe.


a beautiful Nebraska sunset


CCU


my past and my future


this little baby made it all the way to Colorado....now another 9 or so hours to go....


Linsey and I parting ways...she would stay in Colorado for a few days before heading back to Pennsylvania while I would continue on to Utah


the Rocky Mtns through my bug-splattered windshield


scenery at the border of Colorado and Wyoming


"Oh give me a home...where the buffalo roam...."


gorgeous Wyoming!


I was amazed by the various landscapes...for the first hour and then I got bored.


the horizon from the little gas station I stopped at


the same as above


I drove through this awful wind storm. I couldn't get my poor car over 65 in the 75 zone. I only averaged 21 miles per gallon during this stretch of road when I had been getting 28 miles or so.


I just thought this would make an interesting shot


There really are towns in Wyoming!!!


sweet rock formations!!! I had to capture this one.


Again, beautiful!


I thought this looked cool


Pure awesomeness. I love nature...even if man did go through the middle of it....




I didn't have cell phone reception and had been in Wyoming for the past 6 hours....


there were lots of giant windmills. I can't help but to wonder how much energy they are able to produce using them.


Finally, right after Sunset...the Welcome to Utah sign!!!! But with another 2 hours to go until I would arrive in Orem, Utah.



No comments: