Monday, September 22, 2008

time of change

Last night's talk with a good friend encouraged me to think about the things I want to change about myself...the things that I can actually control. I'm working on that list. Maybe I'll post it, maybe it'll stay personal. He put everything into perspective for me though. I've been spending too much time worrying about trying to change things that make me who I am.

I went to ward prayer last night. It's a whole new concept for me. I met some cool people though and then went to hang out at an apartment. It was name overload for me. We'll see how many names I can put with faces between now and Sunday.

While, I'm still concerned about the current state of my faith and the surroundings I have placed myself in, I'm learning to make the most of things while I'm here. I do like my program, it's just overwhelming. And, while there are waaaayyy too many people for me on this campus, I have to remember that I should not feel the need to know everyone. A few good friends in the ward, a few good friends in my classes, the friends I had before coming out here, and a couple friends from places outside of the church and school will make a good variety.

I'm working on accepting the fact that I am another face in the crowd...but a valuable and unique face just like everyone else.