Saturday, September 27, 2008

house and dog-stting

So, I've been house/dog sitting this past week for the Russell family as they spend their time in DisneyLand. (I'd personally rather be in DisneyLand hunting down Eeyore). It's been eerie at times to be in this big house by myself. Luckily, the dog loves me and she keeps me company.

I've been having problems with her escaping though. She dug giant holes under the gate entrances and ran through the neighborhood while I was in class. Each day I thought I rigged the gates so that she couldn't get out; she constantly proved me wrong. I had to borrow a chain from the neighbor. I come home from class yesterday and she had gotten herself so tangled up that she couldn't move more than 3 or 4 feet. I feel bad but I don't know what else to do.

She's so spoiled but she's a good dog. Except that she has gas. It's terrible. LOL.

This week I've been spending about 2 hours at the gym: I like to read an entire chapter in my textbook while I'm on one of the cardio machines; it takes me about an hour. It's been very relaxing. I've always enjoyed the way I feel after a good workout. I do miss the way I always felt after a good run but I need some more time before I'm ready for that. I think I'll be ready to jump on the treadmill in about two weeks and gradually work my way back up to a 2 mile run. And then come spring, it's back to running outside. yay!!

No comments: