Saturday, October 4, 2008

dreary days

It's such a dreary day here in Provo, Utah. It's been raining all day. I hate dreary weather...especially when I'm all alone during it. It's emotionally draining. I tried to get some homework done today, but I nodded off several times. I'm going to leave in a bit and head to the gym in order to wake up myself (I just rearranged that sentence so that it would not end in a preposition but I think that it sounds funny now).

I found myself feeling very homesick today. It's just so lonely. I wish I had the guts to just go and knock on other peoples' doors in my apartment building. Maybe I'll do it someday, but I'm not really feeling up to it at this point. Plus, I know that I really need to get my work done. One of my friends from PA is in Utah right now and she'll be in town on Tuesday!! Yay!! So, I have to get my big assignment done before then.

On another note, has anyone ever heard of/read the Clique series? I just finished the book about Dylan for my research project. It made me feel horrible about myself. The whole book was this girl being obsessed about her looks to get a boy. She was a size six but lied and told everyone she was a size 4. Plus, I made a list of brand name product placements in the book.... I entered all of the brand names into Excel (according to each character they were related)...it took 2 pages to print it out. It's pretty ridiculous. If these books have this affect on a soon-to-be 23 year-old, what are they doing two 12 year-olds? I can only imagine.

No comments: