Sunday, October 12, 2008

ecuador!!!

OK, I'm flooding my blogspot with posts today...but it's Sunday and I like to do this kind of stuff.

I just called my (much older) friend Carlos Murillo in Ecuador. I was so amazed at how my Spanish just came flooding back to me. I had the accent down and everything. It was very impressive. I can't take credit for it though. I think God had a lot of working in that.

I need to call/write to people in Ecuador more. I think I often feel like it takes too much effort to sit down and write a heartfelt letter in Spanish. What would take me 5 minutes in English would take me a half hour in Spanish...but I know that it would be worth it.

1 comment:

Preethi said...

Hooray for practicing Spanish! I need to practice my French more, but have the same dilemma. Also, I'm so glad you notice the beauty around you (e.g. the deer). It's easy to just get used to it and no longer be touched by it.