Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

Well, while I nodded off a couple times during Saturday's sessions, I highly enjoyed General Conference. It's one of those things that anyone can watch and take something away from. I know that if I were to sit down and watch it with my Messiah friends, they'd be inspired by many of the words said this weekend. I know I was despite my wavering faith. I especially liked President Monson's talk (I'm pretty sure it was him) about stop wishing for tomorrow or remembering yesterday but to rather live today. It fit perfectly into my last goal.

I admit that yesterday, great loneliness and homesickness fell upon me. Kellyanne was away with her family and Darla was watching General Conference shut away in her own bedroom. I was sitting in the living room all alone. It was quite sad. I've never experienced Conference that way. Then I thought of my Mormon friends throughout the world and realized that we were all watching the same thing at the same time. It brought me great comfort. Then later, after both sessions were over, I realized that it was Saturday night and I had no one to hang out with. When this realization hit, I longed to be back in Pennsylvania with my old friends. Shortly after the tears had started to fall, Kelly called!! It couldn't have been better timing. She cheered me up and I decided to spend my Saturday night at the gym reading my assignments for this week. It was rather nice actually.

I'm so thankful for the wonderful friends I have throughout the world.

No comments: