Wednesday, November 12, 2008

security alarms and paranoia

So, apparently you can't stay in the Brimhall building after 11 without an after hours pass. Liz and I were in the Communications Research Lab until midnight tonight. We had to prop the door open at one point (because you need a code to get in it when there isn't a lab assistant there) in order to go print our papers. Apparently, this set off an alarm (that we couldn't hear). This resulted in a very cute security boy coming to see what was happening. Oops.

Then, we were walking from the building down the hill to where Liz's car was parked. As we were walking, we saw this man (who had been sitting in this little gazebo thing) get up and start to walk down the hill in front of us. I got this really weird feeling (kinda like the feeling I got from that dirty man in Banos). So we stopped for a minute. My heart was racing and I was like "Liz, I'd feel more comfortable walking to my car. I know it's on the other side of campus, but it's better lit and you can see everything in front of you." She understood and we turned around. However, we then saw a couple walking that down the hill via another path so we followed them. I think we creeped them out at first cuz Liz started running in her heels so we wouldn't be so far behind them. Man, I can't describe that feeling I had tonight. My heart was racing so fast as I stopped dead in my tracks. Will the fear ever go away?

1 comment:

quarter-life lady. said...

What was creepy about him? Be careful! Is it unsafe around there?