Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving break

For as long as I can remember I've been talking about how I was going to get out of Pennsylvania someday (and I was especially going to get out of Perry County). I'm slowly starting to realize it's not that bad. While, I don't see Duncannon being my home for the rest of my life, I think I can handle Pennsylvania. I've realized that my location in the world doesn't matter as long as I'm surrounded by family and/or good friends.

I've been home for 8 days now. I only have another 2 remaining (which is sad). Getting back on that plane is going to be so hard. Utah doesn't make me happy. I'm still really torn about whether I want to go back next semester. I know that I'd be much happier here in PA with the people I already know and love. However, there's a lot of financial and practical issues to keep in mind. Man, I hate making decisions based on money.

However, I will use the time in Utah to continue to grow and work on my list of goals form earlier in the year. And, I can't lie, I'm excited to get my exercise routine back and to buy my own groceries and make my own food. I'm pretty frustrated with some of the unintelligent food decisions I have made during my time home. I'm going to take my nutrition plan seriously and follow it to the t in order to maximize its effects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pennsylvania loves you. Lots.

Malinda said...

Thanks Akirah. I tried to leave a message on your college kids/quiche entry. It didn't like me though :(

I'm pretty sure that PA loves you more.